Apr 15: Police aware


Every day, somebody's car breaks down somewhere
... hopefully not in the middle of nowhere. I've had a few interesting break downs over the years in various cars that I have had. A quick totting up in my head is that I've had about 7 cars over the years. One had a catastrophic engine failure, one had a failed alternator and the lights started to go out. The thing was, we were pretty much the last car out of Glen Brittle and 

If you are fortunate, you have breakdown cover with recovery. Not everyone does.

I don't really understand why you wouldn't have it, as I don't think a year has gone by in the 30 years or so I've been driving when I haven't had a problem that required breakdown assistance.

For those who haven't, the car needs to stay where it is and then night falls.... and there is a very good chance that it will be broken into and vandalised. Look out for the POLICE AWARE stickers on such cars.... hopefully they will be recovered before the next stage, which sees them set on fire...

Image: Traffic in Madrid, Alan Parkinson - shared under CC license

Comments